Texas Online Metals
Printed: 6/10/2023 3:33:39 PM (O:0, U:0)
Metals Recycling Entity Requirements
To apply for a Metals Registration account the following requirements must be met.
Required Ownership Document.
- If you are a Sole Proprietorship and operating the business under a name other than your own, you need the Assumed Name Certificate (commonly referred to as a DBA). You can get this from your local County Clerk’s Office. If you are a Corporation, you need to send DPS the Certificate of Formation or Certificate of Filing, from the Texas Secretary of State’s Office.
Certificate of Good Standing from the Texas Comptroller of Public Accounts
- A copy of any license or permit required by a county, municipality, or political subdivision of this state in order to act as a metal recycling entity in that county or municipality.
- If needed an Affidavit stating the previous owner who is the subject of the suspension, revocation, or other pending administrative action, has no, nor will have any, direct involvement or influence in the business of the MRE.
- Business Owner(s) must not have a disqualifying criminal history record.
- A valid e-mail address
A valid credit card (MasterCard, Visa, Discover or American Express)
- Fee Schedule
- All Fees are non-refundable.
- Metal Recycling Entity location(s) of business and contact information.
- Location permits (if any) issued by the city and county in which business is conducted.
- Information (including Driver's License and Date of Birth) on all Business Owner(s) listed in the Required Ownership Document and Statutory Agents in the organization.
Sec. 559.003. RIGHT TO NOTICE ABOUT CERTAIN INFORMATION LAWS AND PRACTICES.
(a) Each state governmental body that collects information about an individual by means of a form that the individual completes and files with the governmental body in a paper format or in an electronic format on an Internet site shall prominently state, on the paper form and prominently post on the Internet site in connection with the electronic form, that:
- with few exceptions, the individual is entitled on request to be informed about the information that the state governmental body collects about the individual;
- under Sections 552.021 and 552.023 of the Government Code, the individual is entitled to receive and review the information; and
- under Section 559.004 of the Government Code, the individual is entitled to have the state governmental body correct information about the individual that is incorrect.
(b) Each state governmental body that collects information about an individual by
means of an Internet site or that collects information about the computer network
location or identity of a user of the Internet site shall prominently post on the
Internet site what information is being collected through the site about the individual
or about the computer network location or identity of a user of the site, including
what information is being collected by means that are not obvious.
Found at: http://www.statutes.legis.state.tx.us/docs/GV/htm/GV.559.htm